Tuesday, August 16, 2005

That's my cat

Her name is Mona. She's the mascot over at WS. I got her 'round this time of year 4 years ago - just a few months after I moved here.

I'm actually a dog person - but in an apartment in Warsaw, cats are much lower maintenance. My family had several dogs and cats as I was growing up.

The picture you see in the title header is taken upside down. She was sprawled out on her side, with the top of her head resting flat on a Bernardo Bellotto book which I bought at the Art History Museum in Vienna.

It's a great book. Also known as Canaletto, Bellotto traveled all around 18th Century Europe painting landscapes of different cities. A collection of his paintings was on display there at the museum this spring, serendipitously comprising both his paintings of Vienna and Warsaw, the two European cities in which I have resided, and which I know best. They sold a book in the giftshop with all of the paintings - for an exorbitant amount and only in German, of course. But the museum was closing, and I had to make a tough decision.

I understand German. What the hey.

And now my cat has a headrest.

Canaletto link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home